Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Not A Review

It's been a while since I've made any posts here, and I'm getting back in the swing of doing reviews. My first post back, however, is not a review...just like the title says. Instead it's a sort of...suggestion to movie theatres that do free screenings of movies, as well as the different places (such as gofobo.com) where you get the passes. Originally I was going to send this to the area on this specific theatre's (Galaxy Highland) website, but the site was down and wouldn't process it. This is the letter I was trying to send.

Hello,
I'm not sure if it's the actual theatre or Gofobo that would be able to help with this/who I should be sending this too, but for the time being you're getting the message. My roommate and I went to see the sneak preview of X-Men Days of Future Past. We were there over two hours beforehand with maybe about 100 people in front of us. The theatre seats well over 100 people, so we sure to get in, but then something happened. People started showing up and getting in front of us because they had people saving them spots in line. This wasn't just one person saving it for one friend/husband/wife/girlfriend/boyfriend, this was people saving spots for entire families. These were people who were showing up 30 minutes before the theatre opened up to let people in. These were people who hadn't really been waiting that were getting in to see the movie over those of us who had been waiting for hours. If all the people in front of us had been there waiting before us, and not just showing up, I wouldn't have a problem, it's the fact that we waited, and they didn't.

 I know there's nothing that can be done about X-men, but I do have a suggestion for future sneak preview events. 1. Now you might not be able to be who does this, but a lot of the people going to see the movie were people with small children...I understand if it' a kids' movie, but if it's PG-13 or R, I feel like there should be an age restriction..say I don't know...13 and older? There is a reason it's PG-13 after all. Of course that might be something GoFoBo would take care of. 2. When people arrive scan their tickets and give them wristbands. They did this at the showing of Two Guns about an hour and a half before the movie let in. People who had been waiting got wristbands, if they were waiting for ONE other person they were able to get their wristband too. (Which that's saving spots, but like I said there's a difference between saving the spot for one person over an entire group). Like I said this would be able to guarantee the people, who had actually been in line waiting, to actually get in. Once the wristbands were out then no more people could get in, unless they wanted to wait around to see if press showed up or not.

These are just some suggestions I have, that I think would make these screenings go/run better

----------------------------------------------------------------

Now of course these suggestions aren't just for this particular theatre, but any theatre that shows sneak previews.

No comments:

Post a Comment